canskate registration information
The Thornhill Figure Skating Club (TFSC) offers CanSkate & Pre-CanSkate sessions for skaters of all levels. Pre-CanSkate is for skaters aged 3 or 4 on the first day of the program and CanSkate is for skaters who are aged 5 or above on the first day of the program. Please see our “Learn-To-Skate” page for complete details.
Skate Canada Membership
This mandatory $36 membership fee is a fee that all skaters, regardless of level, must pay in order to be able to skate at Thornhill. This fee goes towards development of skating programs as well as is an insurance fee. If you would like more information, please visit www.skatecanada.ca
Please see our online store for registration start and end dates. Absolutely no late registrations will be accepted.
Refunds, Credits, Session Transfers & Cancellations
There are absolutely no refunds after registration has closed. Credits may be provided at the discretion of the board of directions and will be subject to a $50 administrative fee.
All session transfers are subject to a $20 administrative fee.
In the event that a session must be cancelled for reasons beyond TFSC’s control, such as severe weather or arena closures, sessions will not be refunded or rescheduled. There are absolutely no makeup classes. There is no pro-rating for missed classes.
Skaters are not permitted on the ice without an NCCP-Certified Coach present on the ice. Parents or guardians must stay in the arena for the entire duration of the session if their child needs attention. Coaches or PAs are not allowed to leave the ice surface.
Skater’s who parents or guardians fail to stay in the arena for the entirety of their skater’s session more than twice will be withdrawn from the program for the remainder of the season. A refund or credit will not be given.
Payment can be made via debit or credit card. No offline methods of payments are accepted. No exceptions. Full payment must be made at time of registration. Please see our website for complete fee breakdowns.
Terms & Conditions
When registering, you must read and agree to our Terms & Conditions. Failure to do so will not allow you to register your skater.
- Before registering, please ensure you have reviewed the programs we offer and ensure you would like to register for the correct program. If you have any questions, please feel free to email us at email@example.com. Office hours are limited so phone calls are not preferred.
- Please ensure you’ve created an account with Amilia. You can do so by clicking “Login” in the top right hand corner of our online store and selecting “Create An Account”. The account name should be YOUR name, not your skater’s. Once you’ve created your account and logged in, go ahead and add your skater(s) as a member in your account. You can do this by selecting “Members” on the left hand menu and adding your skater(s). Under your skater’s information please enter YOUR email address.
- Please select the program you would like to register your child for. Click on the little purple button on the right hand side, select the skater you would like to register. This will add the program to your cart.
- If you would like to add additional sessions for the same skater or for additional skaters, please click on “Continue Shopping”. If you are finished selecting the program(s) you wish you to register for, click “Checkout”.
- Please review everything in your cart before continuing to payments. Please ensure you are registering for the correct program as all session transfers/adjustments are subject to a $20 administrative fee. Any applicable discounts will be automatically applied. **Please note for applicable discounts to apply, all sessions much be purchased at the same time. Future purchases will not be taken into account.**
- Please continue and input you/your skater’s information as required. It is imperative we have a valid and working email you check often as this is our main method of communication. Please ensure you include a secondary guardian and an emergency contact.
- Input payment information.
- Once everything is approved, you will receive an invoice in your email. This includes all your program information, including location, start/ends dates and any cancelled dates. Please print this page for your records.
Congratulations! Your skater is now registered! We will see you on your first day. Please see our CanSkate Welcome Letter for some useful information for your first day.