The Thornhill Figure Skating Club offers drop-in ice time available to our skaters outside of their regular evening or weekend sessions, called Ticket Ice. Ticket Ice is only available during the Fall, Winter, and Spring months. Ticket Ice typically runs during weekday morning and daytime hours.
Registration for our Ticket Ice sessions is online via our online registration system, Amilia. We do not accept in-person registration for Ticket Ice.
Thornhill FSC Ticket Ice Etiquette
It is expected that all users of Ticket ice understand and will adhere to TFSC’s Ticket Ice Etiquette policies. Any TFSC coach, administrative staff, or board member reserve the right to ask skaters or coaches to leave the ice for failure to adhere to TFSC’s Ticket Ice Etiquette policies. Repeated offenses will result in a loss of Ticket Ice usage privileges, up to and including termination of your TFSC membership.
- All Ticket Ice users (coaches and skaters) must be a member in good standing with Skate Canada. Any TFSC coach, administrative staff, or board member is permitted to request proof of registration with Skate Canada.
- Only Skate Canada certified coaches are to be teaching skaters. Parents are prohibited from coaching rink-side or the bleachers.
- Skater’s whose music is playing have right of way. Skaters are allowed a maximum of 2 run-throughs per session to make ice usage fair.
- Absolutely no kicking of the boards or the ice. Excessive yelling or swearing will not be tolerated.
- Coaches are not permitted to teach in the middle of the ice if the session is very busy.
- Skaters are to practice spins in the middle of the ice with jumps on the ends.
- For safety reasons, CanSkate, Talent ID or STAR 1 skaters must be taught by the boards and must be in a lesson the entire time they are on the ice.
The goal is to create a positive and hardworking training environment for all athletes. Respect to all coaches, skaters, administrative staff, and board members is demanded.
Questions or concerns can be sent to the office at firstname.lastname@example.org
Non-TFSC Members & Coaches
Generally, we allow for Non-TFSC skaters and coaches to use our Ticket Ice times. This is dependent on numbers and TFSC Members will take priority. TFSC reserves the right to refuse registration/participation to a skater or coach.
Skaters will need to register online via our online registration system, Amilia. We have a “Skill Level” attached to every skaters’ account which will only allow them to register for the programs that they are eligible for. If you would like to use our Ticket Ice times and need your account updated so you are able to register, please contact the office at email@example.com.
If you are a Non-TFSC Coach and would like to coach during our Ticket Ice sessions, please contact the office at firstname.lastname@example.org to ensure we are able to accommodate you and your skater(s).